Thursday, February 24, 2005

Dog Door to Hell

Returning from the pool last night after dark, I barely escaped the gaping maw of a dog-door to hell: a pothole just the right size for your average Cerberus to wiggle back down the pit to its Dark Master. A split-second reaction saved me. Had I not seen it in time I would have been sent ass-over-helmet into pavement, to say nothing of the damage to my scooter after a mishap like that. And, yes, we have the recent downpours to thank for this street-gap.

Earlier, at sunset, I was stopped at a very long red on Pico. I whiled away the hours by taking in the lovely sky, the first blue in such a long time. The sky was dappled with lovely fluffies picking up the dangling final rays of daylight. I noticed, poised silently above me, a couple of pink-tinged clouds.

They were in the exact shape of two unpeeled, cooked prawns.

1 Comments:

Blogger tomdog said...

great, now I'm hungry

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home