Thursday, November 03, 2005

Driving disasters

Hi again.

With the new commute, I have so many more opportunities to witness L.A. driving behavior. I thought I might use this space to document what I encounter on a daily basis. (Note: I'm not saying I'll be writing here on a daily basis. Let's not go crazy or nothin').

This morning I saw a woman in an suv headed westbound on Olympic inexplicably come to a full stop at a green light.

Seconds later, I witnessed a driver making a LEFT TURN on a RED. No, neither of the streets were unidirectional. He was trying to go left onto Olympic Bl. in full morning rush hour traffic.

My personal favorite for today was the lady who made a left in front of me. No checking for oncoming traffic, obviously. I had to brake hard and swerve to avoid her. She was totally oblivious. She was pulling into the Rite-Aid so maybe she missed a dose of medication.

I saw a bright fucking red honda this morning, and I recalled that a certain percentage of the population is red/green color blind. So for those people, a bright fucking red car may look dull grey. According to this site, a full 7 percent of the male population have this type of color blindness.

1 Comments:

Blogger LexMonkey said...

only 7 percent? based on the number of times my (bright fucking red) car has been hit, i would have figured that number around 75-80%

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home