Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving

Thursday was excellent and ranks very highly on the scale of Thanksgivings I have had. The food at B’s parents was delicious. I loved the side dishes and, face it people, Thanksgiving is about the side dishes! Admittedly I could have eaten more stuffing – but hey, since B’s brother regards most vegetables as suspect, I helped myself freely to Brussels sprouts and yummy sweet potatoes. And yay for that cranberry sauce, mmm. I didn’t even miss the canned stuff, my guilty pleasure.

We also had fun with B's stereo microscope, to look at my ring. I was aghast at how dirty it had gotten in one week! Ultrasonic cleaner to the rescue! We also examined a potato chip with giant pools of grease, B's brother's adorable dachsund's paw, and our disgusting cuticles.

Just before dinner, B’s sister had orchestrated a simultaneous champagne toast between our party in Southern California and her party with her husband and in-laws in Northern California. She wanted to give us a toast in honor of our engagement - a sweet and fun idea! For this and many other things, I feel sincerely welcomed by the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home